Thursday, June 4, 2009

Added Worry

Well, Monica should be arriving in Miami shortly, if she hasn't already (I'm still waiting for her to check in via phone.) She's spending a few days with Amy and Jason, and Kate and most of her family are there, and their dad and step-mom should be there too. Why am I not there also, you might ask? It's a long story...

Anyway, I always worry when Monica travels alone, and now that's she's pregnant, I worry even more, because I now have 2 lives to be concerned about.

**Monica JUST sent me a text message though, informing me that she's still on the plane, but that they've arrived safely in Miami. Thank God.**

Anyway, I worry enough about my family members as it is, and the addition of children only increases my level of concern. But it was always with OTHER PEOPLE'S children. Yes they are family, but you don't have quite the immediacy of concern when it's not your own flesh and blood. Monica and I never thought we'd have children of our own, unless we decided to adopt in the future. It just wasn't something that was in our cards, apparently. Until now that is.

Now we're faced with the daunting prospect of first-time parenthood, and like most couples awaiting the birth of their first child, our lives have been drastically and irreversibly altered. There are the usual worries and concerns that assault new parents-to-be: Are we going to be good parents? How are we going to afford this? What are we going to do with this little thing that is completely helpless and totally dependent on us for its very survival?

We just have to have Faith though. We've been given a miracle, and if the pregnancy was meant to be, then we're meant to be parents, and although we'll muddle through it like almost every other parent of a first born throughout history, we will find our way.

Monica has been sending me text messages from her phone as the plane has been taxiing on the runway, heading for the arrival gate. Apparently the Sea Monkey doesn't like flying too much, at the moment anyway. It sounds like Monica's having a rough time with an upset stomach. A small price to pay for the miracle that dwells within though. I'm just glad they arrived safely in Miami. Now I can stop worrying...at least for the next 5 minutes or so! *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment